Emaleigh and Michael

Emaleigh and Michael

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Grumpy and Chatty and a LOT of Development!

This morning was VERY interesting. My little man turned into "mister grumpy gills" (that's from NEMO) and Em was chatty as can be. Michael doesn't usually get a fever when teething but he had one this morning, so I guess that explains the grumpiness. These poor babies and the teething issues... they are having a tough time!

I think I'm going to switch Emaleigh back to 20 calorie formula, I haven't noticed an increase of weight in her arms and it's a pain keeping the mixes separate. I know I have to stop constantly and think... how many scoops to how much water, every time I do it (which isn't often anymore...maybe that's why)

Little Em - is doing terrific sitting from a laying down position, Tiffany said she's just popping up. As for grabbing snacks and putting them in her mouth, she's doing a great job too (it's obvious that Tiffany is working with them). Em is wanting to pull up, so I've been working with her pulling up on the Ottoman. I really dont think Em is going to crawl. now when on her knees, she just wants to sit. She'll scoot and roll but she's not interested in anything else.

Social Services took a preliminary report about Emaleigh and now it's time for the case worker and nurse to come out to the house to meet Emaleigh. Since Emaleigh has been listed as disabled, the state will pay for her child care, so this interview/visit is in response to that.

The surgical coordinator called from Boston and confirmed that Emaleigh is "on the books" for Surgery on November 3rd. As I said before, the housing is approved from 10-31 to 11-23, if needed. Thank you Liz, for your generous gift (the cost of the housing while in Boston) and thank you Rosemary for the "get to Boston and back" money. We will need to be in Boston earlier than the 3rd, to meet with the Anesthesiologist. The coordinator is working with Dr. Spencer to see how long Emaleigh will be in the hospital and if we can come home and follow-up with Dr. Rodgers at UVA for post-op care. Michael will be staying home with Grama & Granpa (& Tiffany). I really want Michael with us, but we know that we will have to care for Emaleigh and it will be too much especially if she is in the hospital. From what we understand, she will have casts to her knees for a few weeks after the surgery, unless something changes.

After all of my shopping and researching, I REALLY need to find a reclining "single" umbrella stroller. I'll check out some second-hand stores.

Let's talk about Michael!
This little boy is night and day with development over the past couple of weeks. He is grabbing snacks and getting most of them in his mouth (Em is definitely better)! He is doing the downward dog a lot (from Yoga) and is bouncing on his knees and spinning while sitting Indian style (so funny). He is almost there, pulling up. I barely have to hold or help him. I will say that I need to watch because he forgets to hold on especially when he finds something on the coffee table that he wants to play with. Last night I held his right hand and he stood. He was a little wobbly but he didn't act like he wanted to sit. As for moving, I tried to get him to walk and this was soo funny. He lifted his legs like he was going up stairs and put them down very deliberately. Crawling, I would say Michael is a couple days away from crawling. He is EVERYWHERE and nothing is slowing him down. He's not 100% sure of the fastest way to get there but it'll be soon! All I can say is... poor Storm (she's our Weim), she is watching them and she gets a little nervous when they get close.


With Love,
Adrienne

1 comment: