Emaleigh and Michael

Emaleigh and Michael

Friday, September 3, 2010

Baby Update 9-3-10

The babies are doing terrific!

Michael-
He's thinking "Yeah I got this"!!!
He is pulling up on everything. He even let go to reach for daddy, that ended in a face plant but no tears on that one. (Chris didn't see him).

He did take a nose dive out of his chair, it was in the middle of the bed but I guess he leaned forward enough to come out of it. No brusies, bumps, or blood, and I watched him closely. He's doing just fine.

He starting saying Ma a couple of weeks ago but this week he said it and looked at me. I'm not 100% sure he knows what it means quite yet.

Michael LOVES bathtime!!!
He is starting to crawl now and is getting around to follow balls throughout the house. Tiffany told us that he really loves playing with the sit and crawl ball.








Emaleigh
She was interested in my tootsie roll pop.
Her upper tooth is starting to break through, it looks painful.

She said Ma yesterday and looked at me (still not 100% that I can count that as a first word)

She has been trying to pull herself up, she's not great at it but she's giving it her all! She is doing terrific at sitting now.

She not really crawling but she gets where she wants to be through scooching, turning, and sitting.
Part 2 - that big pop is IN her mouth!
We're hitting some major roadblocks with the CLOVES organization    but I think we can put something together that will help try to find alternatives to surgery or even a cure. We'll probably have to continue to fundraise for Emaleigh seperately. I purchased some Em CLOVES bracelets that I'll be selling soon (if anyone is interested in selling or purchasing some, let me know). We are also planning on designing some window decals and having a golf tournament in the spring.

The other thought is a collection jar in stores close to our home, they all have met Emaleigh, maybe they will allow us to put a jar there (we'll have to make something great)


We are on stage 3 food now, both babies are picking up puff's and putting them in their mouths. We are also reorganizing the spare bedroom to have more "open" space for the babies. Of course we'll childproof that room too and make it a spare/play room for them.

I'm working with Bill's Pastries to make their 3-D Mickey Mouse birthday cake. The birthday party will be on October 9th (yes I know... the first day of bow season ~ dont care!~ my babies turn 1.. once). I'll be sending out invites soon.

He is going to be my BIG helper, I can tell already!
Daddy brought home these horrendous onsies from the Gap














As we prepare for our Boston trip, if anyone can think of any quick and easy fundraisers, I would appreciate it. The support has been tremendous and we love you all! Thank You!

3 comments:

  1. I have three of the larger plastic Peanut Butter jars. They are clear plastic and have red tops, maybe an eye catcher. Have been saving them since I mentioned doing this. I think a picture of Emaleigh (maybe the one in Chris recliner) and a short discriotion of CLOVES would be good. No one is going to take time to read allot. I have heard people ask the person at the cash register about the jars and what they have to say can mean allot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love looking at pictures of these guys. Even on days I am with them I still go back and look at the pictures and pray for them and their Mommy and Daddy.
    Love you ALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't think of any quick and easy fundraiser but Layla Grace's family had great success with working with people who sell cute girl hair accessories online. You may work to tap into a seller on Etsy, someone relatively new with great, unique merchandise. I would recommend Mama Bird, Christia Gordon is the 'shopowner' who makes cute custom onesies. I got the idea from your last pic about the 'horrendous' onesises. :)
    Pablo and I support you all the way from Los Angeles. We bought a Human Tribe necklace!

    ReplyDelete